Insulating Above a Groundbearing Slab – Sitework
Points To Watch
Under the screed
- Top slab with sand or grid off rough spots
- Insert vertical edge insulation.
- Lay Ballytherm boards to cover the surface of the floor as in a broken bond pattern.
- Lay Ballytherm boards with VCL/slip sheet and make sure that joints are joined and sealed.
- Lay down the screed.
Procedure to install beneath sheet flooring
- Lay slab with sand or grind rough spots down.
- Insert timber battens to fit at thresholds and a high loading spots.
- Put Ballytherm boards to cover top of the floor using a broken bond pattern.
- Lay with VCL/slip sheet and lap and seal joints.
- Install sheet flooring.
- Carefully fit boards to ensure a tight fit.
- Cover all service holes with a sealant.
- Be sure that sealed service holes are sealed before laying down the screed.
- Protect Ballytherm boards from traffic when laying screed or flooring.
- Protect Ballytherm boards that have been exposed when levelling the screed.
More information can be obtained about Ballytherm thermal insulation for above ground-bearing slabs by contacting one of our technical advisors at 0800 644 6900, or by email us at email@example.com.