Insulation Below Suspended Timber Floors – Sitework
- In floor insulation, install timber battens to sides of joists*.
- Cut boards to allow them fit into the space between joists and place boards on battens for floor insulation before putting on deck
- Spread out and install timber flooring.
* The space at the battens top to the joists top will depend on the Ballytherm board thickness and on a service hole specified by the installation plans.
- Measure service void or hole before cutting Ballytherm boards to ensure a close cover.
- Pack insulation heavily in areas between perimeter joists and wall to prevent thermal escape.
- Cover all service hole with a flexible material.
Extending your home or starting a new building project needing thermal insulation underfoot? For more information about Ballytherm insulation products for suspended and other floors, contact us at 0800 644 6900, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.