Insulation Between And Below The Rafters – Sitework
Points to watch
When working at a height ensure risk assessments have been carried out and that all necessary protective measures are in place. Do not walk on Ballytherm boards nor use them as a working platform. Cut boards neatly to fit around any protrusion.
Installation procedure (working from inside the roof)
- Fix timber battens to the sides of the rafters so the space below reflects the size of the Ballytherm insulation boards
- Using a knife or small saw, bring boards to required size and, working from the eaves towards the ridge, put the boards into place, pushing them against the battens
- Set Ballytherm boards across the underside of the rafters in a continuous layer, using the battens to make sure they are fixed in place.
- Tape board joints with Ballytherm metalised tape
- Install plasterboard or desired finish onto the battens and complete the face.