Loft Conversions Insulation – Sitework
- Attach timber battens to the sides of the rafters to maintain the 50mm cavity below the underlay.
- Cut Ballytherm Insulation boards sized to fit between rafters.
- Attach the second layer of Ballytherm boards across the underside of the rafters and secure with battens.
- Tape joints between boards using Ballytherm metalised tape.
- Fit the internal finish to the batten.
- The cavity beneath the underlay must stay clear and vented.
- Ballytherm boards should be cut and fitted neatly around penetrations, then sealed with expanding foam.
For advice on putting in a thermal insulator in your loft conversion, speak to an insulation expert at Ballytherm. Phone us at 0800 644 6900, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form.