Drylined Walls Insulation – Sitework
- Ready the surfaces of the walls, taking care to remove any high vapour resistance finishes and projections.
- After fitting Ballytherm boards against the wall, use timber battens to lock into place.
- Use metalised tape on joints to seal.
- Fasten the plasterboard against battens and skim.
- Re-instate surrounds and skirtings, returning services to their locations.
Services may be extended through the batten space that exists on the reverse of the plasterboard. Continue services into the wall and not the Ballytherm boards in circumstances where services run behind the insulation.
Attach Ballytherm boards to window and door reveals in order to bypass thermal bridging.
Questions about Thermal Insulation?
For more information on how to provide energy saving insulation in your building project, contact one of our insulation experts at 0800 644 6900 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.