Partial Fill Cavity Wall Insulation – Sitework
- The inner leaf needs to be raised 450mm above the outer leaf during installation.
- Tops of wall ties need to support the first board or run of insulation that is against the inner leaf.
- The outer leaf will then need to be raised 450mm.
- Wall ties are fitted.
- The boards will be held against the inner leaf by clips.
- Continue this process up to the required height of the wall.
The wall ties from the inner leaf to the outer leaf need to slope downward. This is to prevent any water from getting to the inner leaf. The build up of mortar on the cavity wall insulation can be prevented by the use of a cavity board.
More Guidance on Cavity Wall Insulation
For more information on how to provide energy saving insulation in your building project, contact us at 0800 644 6900, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form. One of our insulation experts is ready to help with any question you may have.